Cliffs of Moher
Aran Islands Excursion
Cobh Heritage Centre
Clonmacnoise Monastic Site
Sean’s Bar, the oldest pub in Ireland
Dun Aengus Fort
Dunbrody Famine Ship
Irish National Stud & Gardens
Cliffs of Moher
Superior First Class
Dunboyne Castle Hotel
Dunboyne (1 night)
Kilkenny (2 nights)
Killarney Towers Hotel
Killarney (2 nights)
Galway (2 nights)
North Star Hotel
Dublin (2 nights)
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
• Sightseeing by luxury coach
• Professional driver/guide
• 8 nights in hotels listed
• Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
• 6 dinners (D) including
– Welcome dinner at Dunboyne Castle Hotel
– Pub Dinner in Dingle
– Abbey Tavern
– 3 table d’hote dinners
• 2 Lunches (L)
• Welcome get-together drink
• Walking tours of Kilkenny & Waterford
• Irish coffees at South Pole Inn near Dingle and at Sean’s Bar in Athlone
• Ferry ride across the River Shannon
• Rathbaun Farm sheepdog trials with tea and scones
• Tour of Galway
• Day tour to Inis Mor, largest of the three Aran Islands
• Irish coffee in Sean’s Bar
• Visits and admissions to Malahide Castle, Irish National Stud & Gardens, House of Waterford Crystal, Dunbrody Famine Ship, Cobh Heritage Centre, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Cliffs of Moher, Dun Aengus Fort and Clonmacnoise Monastic Site
• Audio headsets and group photo
• Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
• All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
• Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Day 1: Dublin Arrival & Malahide Castle
- Meet your tour director at 2 PM to start your Irish adventure.
- Head to Dunboyne Castle which is located 15 miles northeast of Dublin Airport. Make sure you book a transfer since there is no public transportation service available.
- Visit Malahide Castle which is built in 1185 by the Talbot family and remodeled over the years. See the medieval antiques and family portraits, and explore the gardens that encircle the castle and the beautiful Avoca store
- Visit the village of Malahide before heading back to the hotel for a welcome drink and chat before dinner.
Day 2: National Stud & Kilkenny Walk
- Travel to Kildare to visit the Irish National Stud and learn about the valuable horse breeding industry. See some of the magnificent animals that live on the lush pastureland.
- Take a walk around the delightful grounds to see St. Fiachra’s Garden, created in 1999 and the miniature Japanese Gardens, which date back to 1906 and represent the “Life of Man.”
- Drive through the Irish countryside to Kilkenny and sit down to a casual lunch at the Kilkenny Design Centre, housed in the former stables of Kilkenny Castle.
- Afterwards, take a walk along the Medieval Mile, the main thoroughfare to see historic streets and buildings. Check in to your hotel and the evening is free for dining on your own.
- Choose one of the many restaurants and pubs in the city centre or relax in your hotel.
Travel to Kildare to visit the Irish National Stud to learn about the valuable horse breeding industry and see some of the magnificent animals that thrive on the lush pastureland in that area. Irish people love horses and the stud is located on prime grazing lands. Take a walk around the delightful grounds to see St. Fiachra’s Garden, created in 1999 and the miniature Japanese Gardens, which date back to 1906 and represent the “Life of Man.” Drive through the Irish countryside to Kilkenny and sit down to a casual lunch at the Kilkenny Design Centre, housed in the former stables of Kilkenny Castle. Take a walking tour along the Medieval Mile, the main thoroughfare to see historic streets and buildings. Check in to your hotel and the evening is free for dining on your own. Choose one of the many restaurants and pubs in the city center or relax at your hotel.
Day 3: Waterford Crystal & Dunbrody Famine Shipbey
- Journey south to the House of Waterford Crystal and see the technique of glass blowing and cutting.
- Speak to the craftspeople while they work on unique masterpieces and see the great range of trophies and tableware in the showrooms.
- Then take a walking tour to learn more about the city’s long history and vibrant characters.
- After that, drive to New Ross and see the Dunbrody Famine Ship, an exact model which was used to transport emigrants during the 1840’s Famine.
- Make your way back to Kilkenny and enjoy dinner at the hotel.
Day 4: Cobh Heritage Centre & Blarney Castle
- Travel to the port of Cobh in County Cork. This town is known as it was the place that Titanic started its first and final voyage.
- Visit Cobh Heritage Centre to learn more about the history of emigrants over the centuries and their travels from Ireland to North America.
- Explore Blarney Castle where you can kiss the famous Blarney Stone which is said to bestow the “Gift of Eloquence” or “Gift of the Gab”.
- You could also visit the Blarney Woollen Mills, which is located near the castle and find unique Irish-made products.
- Head to Killarney and check in to your hotel.
Day 5: Killarney & Dingle Peninsula
- Spend a relaxing morning in Killarney, a famous town with a great location beside Ireland’s highest mountains.
- Take your time to walk around the town or visit Killarney National Park and take a jaunting car ride through the park.
- In the afternoon you will have the chance to discover the glorious Dingle Peninsula and drive along the south shore to see views of mountains, sandy beaches, and rocky headlands.
- Later, stop at the South Pole Inn to enjoy an Irish coffee and learn about Tom Crean, an early explorer who traveled to the South Pole with “Scott of the Antarctic.”
- Afterward, drive to Slea Head at the most western tip of the peninsula for some amazing panoramic views.
- Explore the town of Dingle and enjoy an early dinner in a local pub before going back to Killarney.
Day 6: Cliffs of Moher & Galway Panoramic Tour
- Travel to the town of Listowel where you can take a ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary.
- Journey along the coast of County Clare to the Cliffs of Moher, which rise to heights of almost 700 feet above the churning Atlantic Ocean waves.
- Walk along the top of the cliffs to O’Brien’s Tower, which is at the highest point and get stunning views of Galway Bay and the Aran Islands on a clear day
- Visit Rathbaun Farm to see traditional farm animals and farming practices. See a farmer show how his trained dogs herd mountain sheep and then enjoy tea or coffee with some home baking.
- Drive to Galway for a city tour and check in to your hotel.
Day 7: Aran Islands Excursion & Pre-historic Dun Aengus Fort
- Start your day with a ferry across Galway Bay from Rossaveal to Inis Mor, the biggest of the three Aran Islands.
- These islands are well known for the locals who continue with traditional farming and fishing practices during the past years, as well as the famous Aran sweaters. The Irish language is still widely spoken on the island.
- Take the minibus to the magnificent Dun Aengus fort, an impressive pre-historic stronghold located at the top of cliffs.
- Head to the main town, Kilronan, for lunch and a walk before getting the ferry back to the mainland.
Day 8: Clonmacnoise Monastic Site & Abbey Tavernna
- Drive towards the center of Ireland to visit Clonmacnoice, a monastic settlement which was founded in 545AD by St. Ciaran. Walk around the church ruins and see the historic round towers.
- Travel to Athlone town and enjoy a coffee in Sean’s Bar, which dates back to 900AD, with ancient walls and coins discovered during renovations in 1970.
- Head back to Dublin, where you will have dinner in the Abbey Tavern in the evening. Enjoy Irish specialties, an entertainment show with music and step-dancing.
Day 9: Independent Bus Tour
- You have the day free to explore Dublin on your own on the Hop On, Hop Off Bus Tour, which stops at many famous attractions including the Guinness Storehouse, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum, Teeling Distillery, and the General Post Office Museum.
Day 10: Depart Dublin for Home
Your program ends after breakfast.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
Please rate this
- Love Irish Tours
- Unit 8 Scurlockstown Business Park Trim Co Meath
- LARGE GROUPS
- 5 Day Taste Of Ireland
- 6 Day Taste Of Ireland
- 7 Day Best Of Ireland South
- 7 Day Southern Gems
- 8 Day Irish Gold
- 8 Day Irish Spirit
- 8 Day Irish Heritage & Dromoland Castle
- 8 Day Mystical Ireland
- 8 Day Irish Spirit
- 8 Day The Irish Pub Tour
- 9 Day Irish Adventure
- 9 Day Northern Welcome
- 9 Day Irish Explorer
- 10 Day Irish Legends
- 10 Day Irish Explorer
- 10 Day Irish Supreme Tour
- 10 Day Elegant Ireland
- 12 Day Irish Odyssey
- 13 Day Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way
- 14 Day Jewels Of Ireland Tour
- SMALL GROUPS
- SCOTLAND & IRELAND
- BRITAIN & IRELAND