Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
Jaunting Car Ride
Glorious Dingle Peninsula
Farmhouse Tour with Tea & Scones
Kylemore Benedictine Abbey
Cabra Castle Hotel Stay
Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
Superior First Class
Herbert Park Hotel
Dublin (2 nights)
The River Lee Hotel
Cork (1 night)
Killarney Plaza Hotel
Killarney (2 nights)
Radisson Blu Galway Hotel Galway or Castlecourt Hotel
Westport (for July 22nd departure) (2 nights)
City Hotel, Derry
Derry (2 nights)
Cabra Castle Hotel
Kingscourt (1 night)
The D Hotel
Drogheda (1 night)
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
• Sightseeing by luxury coach
• Professional driver/guide
• 11 nights in hotels listed
• Full breakfast daily (B) except on day 1
• 8 dinners (D) including
– Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
– Wm Cairnes Gastropub farewell dinner
– 6 table d’hote
• 2 Lunches (L)
• Welcome get-together drink
• Tours of Dublin and Belfast
• Farmhouse visit for tea and scones
• Walking tours of Cork, Galway, Derry and Drogheda with local guides
• Sheepdog trials on Ring of Kerry
• Horse-drawn jaunting car ride in Killarney
• J. B. Keane’s Pub in Listowel for tea and scones
• Ferry ride across the River Shannon
• “The Quiet Man” walking tour of Cong
• Sheans Heritage Farm turf-cutting, tea and scones
• Step dancing display in Cabra Castle Hotel
• Dublin open-top bus tour with a visit to Guinness Storehouse or General Post Office
• Visits and admissions to Kilmainham Gaol, Russborough House, House of Waterford Crystal, Waterford’s Medieval Museum, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woollen Mills, Blasket Centre, Cliffs of Moher, Kylemore Abbey, Connemara Celtic Crystal Factory, Museum of Country Life, W. B. Yeats’ Grave, Belleek Pottery Factory, Giant’s Causeway, Titanic Belfast, Boyne Valley Visitor Centre & Newgrange or Knowth Tomb
• Headsets for walking tours
• Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
• All local taxes, hotel service charges & porterage for one suitcase per person
• Free Wi-Fi on coaches and in hotel lobbies
Day 1: Dublin Tour & Kilmainham Gaol
- Meet your tour guide at 2pm at your hotel in Dublin.
- Take a tour of Dublin’s most famous attractions such as Trinity College, St. Patrick’s Cathedral and the General Post Office.
- Afterwards, visit Kilmainham Gaol, where Irish rebellion leaders, such as Robert Emmett, Eamon De Valera, and Padraig Pearse, were imprisoned in the 19th and 20th
- Meet your tour guide for a welcome drink in the evening
Day 2: Russborough House & Taylor’s Three Rock Pub
- Drive to Blessington though the beautiful scenery of the Wicklow Mountains.
- Take a guided tour of Russborough House, a stately mansion which houses many interesting treasures of art and photography.
- The afternoon will be free to use your open-top bus voucher to visit the Guinness Storehouse or the General Post Office.
- Enjoy dinner at the Taylor’s Three Rock Pub with some traditional music, songs, and step-dancing.
Day 3: Farmhouse Visit & House of Waterford Crystal
- Drive through Kildare and visiting a traditional farmhouse and meet the owners. Learn about life in the Irish countryside and enjoy tea and freshly-bakes scones.
- Head south to Waterford to take a tour of the House of Waterford Crystal. Learn about traditional glass blowing, cutting and polishing techniques from experienced craftspeople.
- Visit the Medieval Museum nearby, which has a 13th-century Choristers’ Hall and 15th century Mayor’s Wine Vault.
- Next, we will may our way to Cork where we will spend the night.
Day 4: Blarney Castle & Killarney
- Take a brief walking tour of Cork city and the English market with a local guide.
- Visit Blarney Castle, just outside the city and get the chance to kiss the famous Blarney Stone
- Visit Blarney Woollen Mills for beautiful Irish-made goods and gifts of all types.
- Journey through Cork and Kerry to the town of Kenmare.
- Have your camera ready to capture some great views at Moll’s Gap on the Ring of Kerry and see how train dogs herd sheep.
- Check into your hotel and enjoy some free time before dinner.
Day 5: Jaunting Car Ride & Dingle Peninsula
- The next stop is Killarney, where you can enjoy a traditional horse-drawn jaunting car ride to Ross Castle to see Lough Leane, the largest of Killarney’s lakes.
- Journey along the Dingle Peninsula and capture stunning views of heathery mountains, rugged headlands, and sandy beaches.
- Tour the Blasket Centre in Dunquin to learn about the life of the hardy farming and fishing families that lived on the Blasket Islands until 1953.
- Head to Dingle town for a light lunch before returning to Killarney where you will be free to enjoy the rest of the day.
Day 6: Cliffs of Moher & Galway
- Visit Listowel and J.B Keane’s family pub for scones and tea.
- Drive north and cross the River Shannon Estuary by ferry to travel along the coast of County Clare.
- See the amazing Cliffs of Moher, a majestic wall of solid rock that rises 700 feet above the Atlantic Ocean walk to O’Brien’s Tower to get views of Connemara as well as the Aran Islands.
- Head to Galway for a walking tour before your check-in your hotel, overlooking Galway Bay.
Day 7: “The Quiet Man” & Connemara
- The day starts by driving to Cong, the place where “The Quiet Man” movie was made in 1952. Take a tour of locations that featured in the production.
- Journey through Connemara for wide-ranging views of the mountains and shimmering lakes.
- We will then stop at Kylemore Abbey for a walk through the famous mansion, which is set beside a peaceful lake.
- Have lunch and watch crystal cutting at Connemara Celtic Crystal before heading back to Galway.
Day 8: Country Life Museum & Belleek China
- Next, we will go to Castlebar in County Mayo and visit the Museum of Country Life which shows articles used in daily life in the 19th and 20th
- Head to Country Sligo and stop at Drumcliffe Churchyard, where the writer W.B. Yeats was buried.
- Explore the Belleek Pottery Factory to see how craftspeople used to create delicate clay pieces and make a stop in Donegal town.
- Drive through the amazing Barnesmore Gap to County Derry.
Day 9: Derry Walk & Giant’s Causeway
- Begin your day with a local walking guided tour around the ancient city of Derry.
- See St. Columb’s Cathedral, the Guildhall, the Diamond and the 16th century walls.
- Take photos of the medieval ruins of Dunluce Castle.
- Walk on the Giant’s Causeway’s giant hexagonal basalt columns which formed over 60 million years ago.
- Visit Shean’s Heritage Farm to see turf cutting, before heading back to Derry to enjoy the rest of the day.
Day 10: Titanic Belfast & Cabra Castle Stay
- The next stop is Belfast for a city tour.
- Next, visit Titanic Belfast and learn about this world famous liner and her maiden voyage
- Drive to Kingscourt and your castle hotel, which was built in 1760.
- Enjoy the lovely facilities, which includes a 9-hole golf course.
- Have dinner in the Court Restaurant and watch an Irish step-dancing show.
Day 11: Megalithic Tombs & Historic Drogheda Walk
- Explore the Boyne Valley Visitor Centre and learn about the 5,000-year old burial tombs, of Newgrange and Knowth.
- You can then visit one of them and see how primitive people aligned huge boulders with accuracy.
- Visit the town of Drogheda; join a local guide for a walking tour to see the head of St. Oliver Plunkett, who was the first Irishman was to be canonized in 700 years and St Laurence’s Gate, built in the 13th
- Enjoy a farewell dinner in the evening, with live music, at Wm Cairnes Gastropub which was previously a brewery.
Day 12: Tour Ends in Drogheda
Your tour ends after breakfast. Drogheda is 30 miles north of Dublin Airport so ensure you have appropriate transfer arrangements made.
B: Breakfast; L: Lunch; D: Dinner
Please rate this
- Love Irish Tours
- Unit 8 Scurlockstown Business Park Trim Co Meath
- LARGE GROUPS
- 5 Day Taste Of Ireland
- 6 Day Taste Of Ireland
- 7 Day Best Of Ireland South
- 7 Day Southern Gems
- 8 Day Irish Gold
- 8 Day Irish Heritage & Dromoland Castle
- 8 Day Mystical Ireland
- 8 Day The Irish Pub Tour
- 8 Day Irish Spirit
- 9 Day Irish Adventure
- 9 Day Irish Explorer
- 10 Day Irish Legends
- 10 Day Irish Explorer
- 12 Day Irish Odyssey
- 14 Day Jewels Of Ireland Tour
- SMALL GROUPS
- SCOTLAND & IRELAND